X10Netis a software program from Mountain Systems that provides a variety of options for X10 hardware. X10Net is currently available for download. X10Net runs on Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP..
Click here to see X10Net working!
Click here to download a 30 day trial version.
Click here to download the current X10Net Help file.
X10Net includes the following features:
- Support for CP290, CM11A, ActiveHome, IBM Home Director, Firecracker, and SmartHome PowerLinc USB X10 hardware
- Unlimited scheduled X10 events
- Manual control of X10 modules
- Supports ON, OFF, and DIM functions
- Support for all X10 house/unit codes
- Schedule events by time of day or based on sunset/sunrise
- Sunset/sunrise events can include a time offset
- User definable descriptions for each connected X10 module
- Offers support for network operation on multiple PCs
- Options for rules so one received event can trigger a number of other events
- Trigger actions include X10 events, Text-To-Speech message, Windows Message, DOS command, WAV play, Scheduling additional X10 events for a later, canceling existing scheduled events, time/day dependence, and automatic E-mail sends
- Macro support.
- VB Script support
- Program event log to track all X10 activity
The X10Net network features offers two extra advantages:
- All PCs on a local area network can have X10 control, even though only a single PC has X10 control hardware (such as a CP290, etc) attached.
- Multiple PCs can include X10 control hardware to overcome X10 phase problems.
Click here to download the current X10Net Help file, which can provide more pictures and details.
The second point can be important for some X10 users. Most homes have electrical wiring that is phase based. If you have an X10 module on one phase, and an X10 control unit on the other phase, they will likely not communicate. This feature allows you to have two X10 control units at different PCs on each phase. Then commands issued from any PC will execute on each PC and on each phase.
X10Net includes multiple options for Event Rules. This allows the user to build a system that reacts to motion sensors and perform different tasks in different times of the day. Common users for Rules might include:
There is no limit to the number of rules that can be used.
X10Net is shareware. You can register the product for $19.95, which includes use on all your networked PCs. The trial version will work for a period of 30 days.
Click here to download a 30 day trial version. If you already have X10Net installed, click here to download the most current software update.
X10Net is a 32-bit software application that runs on Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP. X10Net is not compatible with Windows 3.X.
X10Net is a Mountain Systems, Inc. product, Copyright 1999-2003, all rights reserved.
This page viewed times.